7. IGNITION: Stock ignition only.
8. STARTER: All cars must be self starting.
9. TRANSMISSION: Automatics must have functional fluid converters. Must have all working gears, forward and reverse. No direct drives. Manual must use a stock, single disc type clutch, no aluminum or after market, and all dry clutches must be surrounded 360 degrees by an approved steel scatter shield to protect driver, Front wheel drive transverse engines must have shield that covers top and sides of bell housing to protect driver and must be constructed of ¼” steel min.
10. DIFFERENTIAL: Stock must be mounted in stock location using stock springs and stock control arms. Locking of differentials allowed.
11. FRAME OR UNIBODY: No modifications allowed.
12. BRAKES: Must be hydraulic, foot operated and in good working order. All four wheels must stop without individual lock up. No modifications from stock.
13. SUSPENSION: There shall be no heating, cutting or bending of steering linkages, axles or suspension A-arms. All suspension parts must be stock. One shock per wheel (Stock Type) must be mounted in stock location.
14. STEERING: Must remain stock.
15. WHEELS AND TIRES: Steel wheels only, no mag or alloy wheels. No wheel spacers or adapters allowed. Maximum size not to exceed 7” wide and 15” tall. Tires to be DOT approved. No snow or implement tires. Tire width not to exceed 8” or to be less then 6”. Right front wheel must have oversized lug nuts.
16. FUEL SYSTEM: Twelve gallon maximum fuel cell required. Recommended steel with poly liner. Cell must be mounted behind rear firewall and must be above center line of axle, with bottom being open to the ground. Must use four 1/8” by 1” straps two cross wise and two length wise. Electric fuel pumps allowed must have safety switch to shut down in case of accident or fire. Pump gas or racing fuel only.
17. BATTERY: Must be relocated behind driver and sealed in a plastic boat type battery box. Must be strapped with steel bands fastened over top of battery box to hold battery in place.
18. BODY PREP: Stock steel bodies only, no cutting of exterior body allowed except wheel openings for tire clearance edges must be rolled smooth. Doors must be stock material and securely fastened to prevent opening. Hoods and trunk lids must be stock material and pinned for emergency access. Hoods must have seal between hood and firewall to prevent fire from entering driver compartment. Stock bumpers must be used, ends must be strapped.