19. ROLL CAGE: Minimum 1 ¾” tubing of .095 wall thickness for cage and door bars. A full perimeter four post roll cage, with diagonal braces behind driver extending past rear fuel cell. Four door bars on drivers side, three on passenger side. Drivers side door bars must have two uprights between each door bar. All drivers side bars must have gussets. Plating of door bars highly recommended. Roll cage must be welded to frame or welded to plates ¼” thick by 10” square and secured four each ½” bolts per plate. All cages must be at least 2” over drivers head and must be padded. Nerf bars are allowed but must be within 2” of silhouette of body, must be between tires and no higher than top of wheels. Approved racing seats required. High back seats or head rests are required. See page 17 and page 22.
CLASS SPECIFICATIONS STREET STOCKS
NOTE: All general and safety rules apply in all cases. Some rules in this class may be more stringent then the general or safety rules, in this event the stringent rule will apply. See safety rules pages 6-7.
1. ELIGIBLE CARS: 1960 to present year two wheel drive six or eight cylinder, american made sedans and coupes.. Minimum weight 3000 lbs with driver. Minimum wheel base 108”.
2. ENGINES: Engines may be relocated 1 inch back from number one spark plug to center of ball joint, and is to remain manufacturer to manufacturer. No CID limit.
a) Block : Stock steel block may be bored .060.
b) Crank Shafts: Stock type crank and rods must be used. May be balanced for engine life.
c) Heads: Must be factory type stock steel only, porting or polishing allowed to match manifolds only. No other grinding or polishing allowed . After market heads with stock specifications allowed.
d) Camshafts -valvetrain: Any hydraulic or mechanical flat tappet cam allowed. Stock diameter valve springs only, Double roller timing chains or gear drives are allowed. Roller rocker arms allowed, no roller lifters allowed. Stud girdles allowed.
3. RADIATORS: Radiators of any style may be used, but must be mounted in stock location. Racing radiators, electric fans and aluminum water pumps are allowed.
4. CARBURETORS: One only, 2 or 4 barrel carb maximum 850 cfm allowed. Must be stock appearing type. Air horns may be removed.
5. INTAKE MANIFOLDS: Aluminum manifolds allowed. No tunnel ram manifolds may be used.
6. EXHAUST: Headers or cross over headers are allowed. Must exit behind driver.
7. IGNITION: O.E.M. or after market in stock location ignitions. Amplifiers or remote msd type ignitions are allowed. ( Rev limiters allowed ) . Cannot be adjustable from drivers compartment.
8. STARTERS: All cars must be self starting.