9. TRANSMISSION: Stock type transmission only, must have all working gears. Must be mounted to back of block. Automatics must have an SFI approved scatter shield or blanket around gear box. Manual transmission must use a disc type clutch, dry clutches must be surrounded 360 degrees by an approved steel scatter shield to protect driver.
10. DIFFERENTIAL: Differential housing must remain stock passenger type. Using stock mounting points to stock oem design used. Welding the spider gears, limited slip positive trac’s and spools allowed. Driveline must be steel and have safety hoops. Floating hubs allowed.
11. FRAMES AND UNIBODY: OEM frame or unibody clips may be used. All chassis must be tech approved.
12. SUSPENSION: All suspension parts must be stock passenger type, mounted in stock location to stock oem design used. Only changes allowed are as follows. Front non adjustable tubular upper A arms are allowed. Must mount in stock location. One shock per wheel. Jacking bolts allowed. No coil overs, air or booster assisted shocks allowed. Rear upper and lower adjustable trailing arms allowed. Must use stock location upper and lower mounting points. Springs may be changed or altered for ride height. Lowering blocks allowed. A torque arm and pan hard bar are allowed. Slider rear leaf springs are allowed.
13. BRAKES: Must be hydraulic, foot operated and in good working order. All four wheels must function. No modifications from stock. Only changes allowed are as follows, Adjustable proportioning valves allowed. Aftermarket pedals are allowed.
14. STEERING: Must remain stock. Quickners allowed. Steering shaft must be collapsible.
15. WHEELS AND TIRES: Steel wheels only, no mag or alloy wheels. Maximum size not to exceed 10” wide and 15” tall. Class approved racing tire 10 ½ inch tread width allowed. Minimum tire width will be 7 ½”. Right front wheel must have over size lug nuts. Bead lock allowed on right rear only.
16. FUEL SYSTEM: Fuel cell required. Recommended steel with polyliner, must have fuel cell foam. Cell must be mounted behind rear fire wall and must be above center line of axle, with bottom being open to the ground. Must use four 1/8” by 1” straps two cross wise and two length wise attached with 3/8 bolts and locknuts. Electric fuel pumps are discouraged, if used must have emergency shutdown switch. Pump gas or racing fuel only. No alcohol allowed
17. BATTERY: Must be relocated behind driver and sealed in a plastic boat type battery box. Must be strapped with steel bands fastened over top of battery box to hold battery in place.
18. BODY PREP: Stock appearing steel, aluminum, plastic, or fiberglass bodies allowed. Doors must be securely fastened to prevent opening. Hoods and trunk lids must be pinned for emergency access. Hoods must have seal between hood and fire wall to prevent fire from entering driver compartment. Scoops, spoilers and air dams, when used must be securely attached to body panels not to exceed 6 inches in height. All bumpers must be strapped on ends to prevent hooking of other cars. Tube type bumpers are allowed but must remain within factory dimensions, may use 1 ½ x .095 tubing.