19. ROLL CAGE: Minimum 1 ¾” tubing of .095 wall thickness for cage and door bars. A full perimeter four post roll cage, with diagonal braces behind driver extending past rear fuel cell. Four door bars on drivers side, three on passenger side. Drivers side door bars must have two uprights between each door bar. All drivers side bars must have gussets. Plating of door bars highly recommended. Roll cage must be welded to frame or welded to plates ¼” thick by 12” square and secured by four each ½” bolts per plate. All cages must be at least 2” over drivers head and must be padded. Nerf bars are allowed but must be within 2” of silhouette of body, must be between tires and with in 2” of center line of wheel spindle Approved racing seats must be used. High back seats or head rests are required. See page 17 and page 22.
CLASS SPECIFICATIONS PARTS PLUS PURE STOCKS
NOTE: All general and safety rules apply in all cases. Some rules in this class may be more stringent then the general or safety rules, in this event the stringent rule will apply. See safety rules pages 6-7.
1. ELIGIBLE CARS: American made sedans, coupes, station wagons and pickup trucks, stock body only. Must conform to and look like stock as manufactured. Minimum weight 3200 lbs with driver for small block. 3500 lbs with driver for big block. Minimum wheel base of 108” as designed from factory.
2. ENGINES: Stock mass produced type engines only. OEM to OEM. Must remain in stock location.
a) Block: stock no modifications allowed, cleanup only.
b) Crankshafts: Stock crank and rods, no modifications allowed. No strokers allowed.
c) Heads: Must be factory stock. No modifications allowed. Screw in studs of stock dimensions allowed for durability only.
d) Camshafts and Valve train: Hydraulic flat tappet cams only. Cam lift not to exceed stock specifications to engine used.
e) Flat top or dished pistons only.
3. RADIATORS: Stock or replacement type radiators only. Must be mounted in stock location.
4. CARBURETORS: One only, 2 or 4 barrel stock type carb maximum 750 cfm, No modifications allowed. 1 inch adaptor plate allowed. No fuel injection allowed.
5. INTAKE MANIFOLDS: Stock cast iron only, no modifications allowed.
6. EXHAUST: Stock manifolds only, no headers allowed. Must exit behind driver.
7. IGNITION: Stock type only. No high performance ignitions allowed.
8. STARTERS: All cars must be self starting.
9. TRANSMISSION: Automatics must remain stock. Torque convertor must remain stock. No modifications allowed. No direct drives. Manual transmission must remain stock. No modifications allowed. Single disc type clutches only, must be surrounded by approved steel scatter shield.