10. DIFFERENTIAL: To be stock housing and axles and mounted in stock location, with stock springs and control arms as manufactured. Locking of spider gears or welding of gears for positive drive is allowed.
11. FRAMES AND UNIBODY: Stock to body used, no modifications allowed. Tying of clips allowed.
12. BRAKES: Must be hydraulic, foot operated and in good working order. All four wheels must stop without individual lock up. No modifications from stock.
13. SUSPENSION: Stock. There shall be no heating, cutting or bending of steering linkages, axles or suspension A-arms. All suspension parts must be stock. One stock type shock per wheel must be mounted in stock location.
14. STEERING: Must remain stock. Must be tech approved.
15. WHEELS AND TIRES: Steel wheels only, no mag or alloy wheels. Maximum size not to exceed 8” wide and 15” tall. Minimum tire width to be no less than 6” and no more than 8 ¼”. Tires to be DOT approved. No snow or implement tires allowed. Exception the G-60 IMCA hoosier racing tire is allowed. Right front wheel must have over size lug nuts. No spacers allowed.
16. FUEL SYSTEM: Stock gas tank must be removed and replaced with a fuel cell, Must be installed above trunk floor, as far forward as possible, fuel line must exit from top or side of tank. No fuel lines in drivers compartment unless shielded. Firewall must seal trunk from drivers compartment. Tank must be secured by 4, over the tank, straps (1” by 1/8” straps) two in each direction. Tank must be above center line of axle. Tech officials must approve installation. No electric fuel pumps. Pump fuel only no additives allowed. No av gas, alcohol or race fuel allowed.
17. BATTERY: Must be relocated behind driver and sealed in a plastic boat type battery box. Must be strapped with steel bands fastened over top of battery box to hold battery in place.
18. BODY PREP: Stock steel and plastic body panels only, no cutting of exterior body allowed, except wheel openings for tire clearance, edges must be rolled smooth. Doors must be securely fastened to prevent opening. Hood and trunk lids must be pinned for emergency access Hoods must have seal between hood and fire wall to prevent fire from entering driver compartment. Stock bumpers must have ends strapped to prevent hooking of other cars. Modified bumpers must be tech approved.
19. ROLL CAGE: Minimum 1 ¾” tubing of .095 wall thickness for cage and door bars, a full perimeter four post roll cage, with diagonal braces behind driver extending past rear fuel cell. Four door bars on drivers side, three on passenger side. Drivers side door bars must have two uprights between each door bar. All drivers side bars must have gussets. Plating of door bars highly recommended. Roll cage must be welded to frame or welded to plates ¼” thick by 8” square and secured by 4 each ½” bolts per plate. All cages must be at least 2”over drivers head and must be padded. Nerf bars are allowed but must be within 2” of silhouette of body, must be between tires and no higher than top of wheels. Pusher bars are allowed on front and rear of car may be attached to top of bumper, material to be no larger than 1¼ inch steel tubing. Seats must be attached to roll cage not floor of car. Approved racing seats required. High back seats or head rests are required. See pages 17-22.