ROLL CAGE DESIGN
BOWERS COLLISION GO KART RULES
1. Frames must be minimum of 1 inch round tubing.
2. Minimum standard for roll cage: 1 inch .063 chrome molly or 1 inch .083 seamless tubing. Nose hoop must protect legs. Top of roll bar must extend a minimum of 2 inches above drivers helmet; THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED! 6 point roll bar required. Floating roll cages are allowed but must be securely fastened with chain or grade 5 or better bolts in at least four spots.
3. Nerf bars not to extend beyond outer edge of tires by more than 1 inch unless tire is covered.
4. Must have full floor board under driver, extending 6 inches past drivers feet.
5. Axles must be solid mount. No springs, coils, shocks or suspension systems allowed.
6. Front and rear bumpers must not extend beyond outer edge of tire.
7. Two door bars required on both sides.
8. Numbers must be visible from both sides of the kart, numbers not legible will not be scored.
9. Must have a positive throttle return spring.
10. Must have engine shut off switch in drivers compartment and a shut off device clearly marked on rear of kart.
11. Must have fire wall between driver and the motor.
12. Belt or chain-drive only, no driven clutches or direct drives.
13. Must have chain or belt guards from center line of sprockets.
14. Must have a rear brake in good working condition at all times.