GO KART RULES
1. Frames must be minimum of 1 inch round tubing.
2. Minimum standard for roll cage: 1 inch .063 chrome molly or 1 inch .083 seamless tubing. Nose hoop must protect legs. Top of roll bar must extend a minimum of 2 inches above drivers helmet; THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED! 6 point roll bar required. Floating roll cages are allowed but must be securely fastened with chain or grade 5 or better bolts in at least four spots.
3. Nerf bars not to extend beyond outer edge of tires by more than 1 inch unless tire is covered.
4. Must have full floor board under driver, extending 6 inches past drivers feet.
5. Axles must be solid mount. No springs, coils, shocks or suspension systems allowed.
6. Front and rear bumpers must not extend beyond outer edge of tire.
7. Two door bars required on both sides.
8. Numbers must be visible from both sides of the kart, numbers not legible will not be scored.
9. Must have a positive throttle return spring.
10. Must have engine shut off switch in drivers compartment and a shut off device clearly marked on rear of kart.
11. Must have fire wall between driver and the motor.
12. Belt or chain-drive only, no driven clutches or direct drives.
13. Must have chain or belt guards from center line of sprockets.
14. Must have a rear brake in good working condition at all times.
15. Tire size to be no more than 10 inches wide. Center of bumper must be 2 to 6 inchs above racing surface. Recommend bumper to extend to outer edge of tire.
1. 5 point harness required, 3 year date stamp recommended.
2. Driver must have neck brace.
3. SA2000 helmet or equivalent required. Must have face shield or goggles.
4. Roll bar around driver must be padded.
5. Racing approved wrist restraints are required and must be sufficient to keep arms and hands inside the cage of the kart.
6. Racing suit required. Fire suit and fire proof gloves highly recommended. You are ultimately responsible for you and your child’s safety.
1. Drivers must be five years old, any exceptions must be approved by the promoter and officials prior to race day.
2. Engine must be stock, 6.5hp max horsepower, no blue printing. Absolutely no modification other than removing the governor. No racing engines. No exceptions!
3. A restrictor plate (.425 opening) may be installed between carb and block. Track promoter will sale and control restrictor plates.
4. Pump gas only. No additives.
5. Muffler has to be stock to model of engine. No hollowing out muffler. No headers.
6. Carbs are stock to model of engine. No slide carbs,
7. Stock ignition only. No timing adjustments allowed.
8. Stock cast iron flywheel only. No cutting or drilling on fly wheel.
9. No wings allowed.
10. Minimum weight 260lbs with driver.
1. Driver must be five years old, any exceptions must be approved by the promoter and the officials prior to race day.
2. Engine must be stock, 6.5 max horsepower, no blue printing. Absolutely no modifications other than removing the governor. No racing engines. No exceptions!
3. Pump gas only. No additives
4. Headers or pipes are allowed. Maximum length 24 inches, must conform to profile of Kart.
5. Carbs are stock to model of engine. No slide carbs.
6. Stock ignition only. No timing adjustments allowed.
7. Stock cast iron flywheel only. No cutting or drilling on flywheel.
8. Plastic cam on briggs intec 6.5hp ohv engine may be changed to a steel cam using part # br694831 and valve springs part # br26826.
9. Minimum weight 290lbs with driver.
1. Driver must be eight years old, any exceptions must be approved by the promoter and officials prior to race day.
2. Engine must be 6.5hp profile air cooled engine. Racing engines are allowed in this class only.
3. Racing fuel allowed. No alcohol allowed.
4. Headers and pipes are allowed maximum length 24 inches, must conform to profile of kart.
5. Slide carbs are allowed.
6. Minimum weight 310lbs with driver.
1. Drivers must be 10 – 18 years old. All drivers must be promoter approved.
2. Engine must be approved 2 stroke 125cc dirt bike engine. Must be stock stroke, maximum .080 over bore allowed.
3. Stock oem heads, may be milled, combustion area must remain stock.
4. Cylinder and case may be ported.
5. Kick starter may be removed and plugged.
6. Must use stock, dirt bike type, 38mm carb. No modifications allowed. Carbs may be interchanged among manufacturers.
7. After market reeds/reed assemblies and spacers allowed.
8. Must have complete and operable OEM transmission and clutch. No clutch conversions.
9. PVL ignition is the only approved aftermarket ignition.
10. Dirt bike pipes and silencers only, must be promoter approved.
11. No lightening of any internal components.
12. No decking the cylinder or block, no cylinder spacers or multiple gaskets allowed.
13. No special factory parts allowed. All parts must be readily available to the average consumer.
14. No welding/cutting/reshaping of cases.
15. Minimum weight is 350lbs, with driver
16. Promoter approved tire.
1. Drivers must be at least 16 years old. All drivers must be promoter approved.
2. Engines must be approved, 2 stroke minimum 400cc, maximum 500cc plus .080 overbore,
with stock stroke.
3. Stock head, may be milled and have water outlets welded.
4. Minimum weight is 475lbs, with driver.
5. All other applicable 125 outlaw rules apply.