MARTHAS MINI - STOCKS
Note: All general and safety rules apply in all cases. Some rules in this class may be more stringent than the general or safety rules, In this event the stringent rule will apply. See safety rules pages 6-7.
1. ELIGIBLE CARS: Two wheel drive four cylinder cars or pickups only. Maximum 106 inch wheel base. Minimum weight 2300 lbs with driver.
2. ENGINE: Stock to car used not to exceed 2600 cc.
a) BLOCK: must be stock, may deck block .010 to clean surface. Block may be bored .060.
b) CRANKSHAFT: Stock crank and rods must be used. May be balanced for engine life.
c) HEADS: Must be factory stock no porting or polishing may be surfaced .010 for cleaning and straightening.
d) CAMSHAFTS-VALVETRAIN: Stock to engine used. Engine must remain in stock location.
3. RADIATOR: Radiators of any style may be used but must be mounted in stock location.
4. CARBURETOR: Only one two barrel carb, 500 cfm max allowed.
5. INTAKE MANIFOLD: Stock only no porting, polishing or modifications of any type allowed.
6. EXHAUST: Headers allowed .No porting, polishing or modifications of any type allowed. Single 2 ½ inch maximum tail pipe allowed. Must exit behind driver.
7. IGNITION: Stock ignition only.
8. STARTER: All cars must be self starting.
9. TRANSMISSION: Automatics must have functional fluid converters. Must have all working gears, forward and reverse. No direct drives. Manual must use a stock, single disc type clutch, no aluminum or after market, and all dry clutches must be surrounded 360 degrees by an approved steel scatter shield to protect driver, Front wheel drive transverse engines must have shield that covers top and sides of bell housing to protect driver and must be constructed of ¼” steel min.
10. DIFFERENTIAL: Stock must be mounted in stock location using stock springs and stock control arms. Locking of differentials allowed.
11. FRAME OR UNIBODY: No modifications allowed.
12. BRAKES: Must be hydraulic, foot operated and in good working order. All four wheels must stop without individual lock up. No modifications from stock.
13. SUSPENSION: There shall be no heating, cutting or bending of steering linkages, axles or suspension A-arms. All suspension parts must be stock. One shock per wheel (Stock Type) must be mounted in stock location.
14. STEERING: Must remain stock.
15. WHEELS AND TIRES: Steel wheels only, no mag or alloy wheels. No wheel spacers or adapters allowed. Maximum size not to exceed 7” wide and 15” tall. Tires to be DOT approved. No snow or implement tires. Tire width not to exceed 8” or to be less then 6”. Right front wheel must have oversized lug nuts.
16. FUEL SYSTEM: Twelve gallon maximum fuel cell required. Recommended steel with poly liner. Cell must be mounted behind rear firewall and must be above center line of axle, with bottom being open to the ground. Must use four 1/8” by 1” straps two cross wise and two length wise. Electric fuel pumps allowed must have safety switch to shut down in case of accident or fire. Pump gas or racing fuel only.
17. BATTERY: Must be relocated behind driver and sealed in a plastic boat type battery box. Must be strapped with steel bands fastened over top of battery box to hold battery in place.
18. BODY PREP: Stock steel bodies only, no cutting of exterior body allowed except wheel openings for tire clearance edges must be rolled smooth. Doors must be stock material and securely fastened to prevent opening. Hoods and trunk lids must be stock material and pinned for emergency access. Hoods must have seal between hood and firewall to prevent fire from entering driver compartment. Stock bumpers must be used, ends must be strapped.
19. ROLL CAGE: Minimum 1 ¾” tubing of .095 wall thickness for cage and door bars. A full perimeter four post roll cage, with diagonal braces behind driver extending past rear fuel cell. Four door bars on drivers side, three on passenger side. Drivers side door bars must have two uprights between each door bar. All drivers side bars must have gussets. Plating of door bars highly recommended. Roll cage must be welded to frame or welded to plates ¼” thick by 10” square and secured four each ½” bolts per plate. All cages must be at least 2” over drivers head and must be padded. Nerf bars are allowed but must be within 2” of silhouette of body, must be between tires and no higher than top of wheels. Approved racing seats required. High back seats or head rests are required.